CREDITWRENCH
Creditwrench teaches the secrets of the debt collection industry and how to defeat their abusive practices without lawyers. We know how to win!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
I have a great deal of creditcard debt
Subject: credit card debt
Question: i have amounted a great deal of credit card debt and when my husband lost his job a few yeas ago we couldn't pay. we are a a time when we can begin to repay some of these debts and are trying to do so one at a time.. i obviously can't pay them all at once. i have a law firm sending me letters of intent to sue over $10000 owed to citibank. i spoke to a rep that told me that they would deduct 200 for the next to months from my checking to show an intent to pay while i finish out the pay arrangements with other creditor. and then we would discuss settlement. however the check hasn't been withdrawn and I recd another letter from them with an intent to sue.. what do i do at this point? should i make the payment myself directly? can they still sue? What is my next step?

Answer:

click here to enlarge
They can sue you and they can garnish wages, seize bank accounts, possibly seize vehicles that are free and clear of debt, boats, trailers or anything that has a title to it registered with the department of motor vehicles in your state. It is also conceivable that they could send a sheriff to your home to see what they can find to sell. You need to become a creditwrench student and learn how to keep them from grabbing everything you have.