CREDITWRENCH
Creditwrench teaches the secrets of the debt collection industry and how to defeat their abusive practices without lawyers. We know how to win!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Midland Funding and out of statute collections
Question: I just recieved a phone this evening at about 9pm he said that he had papers to serve regarding a collector by the name of midland funding in san bernardino co from a address that I haven't lived at since 1994 but yet he had the current phone number. he said he was in san bernardino yet I traced his phone by caller ID and it showed up in arcadia. should I do something about this?

Answer: No, not at this time. Let them actually find you and serve you before you do anything. If I were in your position I would wait for another such call and then I'd tell them exactly where I live and let them serve me. In fact, I'd beg them to come serve me. I'd ask them when they would like to come serve me so I would be sure to be home or I would set up a time and date when they would come serve me. I'd also record the phone call so I would have a record of when they called and what they said. If they served me I would immediately prepare my defense which would be a motion to dismiss with prejudice. Then I would immediately prepare and file a case against them in federal court. That is what I would do.